This 33 Arce reservoir on Dartmoor offers outstanding pike fishing. With fish to 27lb , Trenchford has quickly become one of the Westcountry's "Go To" Pike fisheries. The reservoir is very deep in places and there are plenty of large features for the pike to hide in and around.
Information & restrictions
• Please Fish locally and with members of your own household, your support bubble or with one other individual.
• Permitted methods- Plugs, Spinners, Jigs, Flies, worm or dead sea bait
• Anglers must be equipped with a net of at least 42”
• Anglers must use a Large unhooking mat
• Minimum 15lb breaking strain line
• Knotable wire/wire trace/tippet required
• Hooks no larger than size 6
• Barbless or micro barbed hooks only
• Anglers must use Large forceps for unhooking
• Pike must be weighed in a sling or net.
• No live baiting
• No fixed leads – safe rigs only
• No lead core
• No bait boats or boats of any kind
• No wading
• Maximum of 3 rods
• No dogs
Directions & access
From Exeter, travel eastbound along the Devon Expressway for approximately 10 miles, Take the A382 exit towards Newton Abbot/Bovey Tracey/Morehampstead, At the roundabout, take the 4th exit onto Newton Rd/A382. Follow road for 4.6 miles then turn right at Slade Cross onto Bell Ln. at the end of the road turn left, then take the 2nd turning on your right into the Carpark. The QR code is located on the large anglers notice board.
These are the very latest catch returns for this beat
31st July 2020
Take a look at some more of our great beats across Devon and Cornwall